The Process Engineer is responsible for for process engineering functions in support of new product introduction, existing process improvement and process and product problem solving. This position reports to Process Engineering and Quality Manager and supervises Process Engineering Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Product Introduction
- Develop and document new process technology as required for the movement of compositions from laboratory scale processing to the production floor.
- Provide training to production personnel regarding new process technologies as appropriate.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of new process technologies with respect to quality and cost.
- Oversee the production (mix, form, dry, patch, fire, and inspection) of parts which by the nature of their material or design require special attention beyond the capabilities of normal manufacturing operations. These orders will be limited in volume.
- Oversee the production of samples.
- Evaluate existing processes for quality and cost. Document findings.
- Develop and execute changes in processes to improve quality and/or reduce cost.
- Document all changes through the quality system.
- Provide training to production personnel regarding process improvement changes.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of changes.
- Investigate, evaluate and report on alternative process technologies for incorporation into operations.
- Collect and evaluate data related to long term process improvements for new or existing products and/or materials.
Process Problem Solving
- Participate in short term manufacturing problem solving regarding issues of quality and/or cost.
- Document solutions to problems.
- Participate in customer problem solving.
- Facilitate process-oriented solutions to customer problems.
- Provide applications recommendations to customers based on experience.
- Make on-site visits as required.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Ceramic Engineering
- 3 years’ manufacturing experience
Alternate Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Physics or Chemistry
- 5 years ceramic manufacturing experience
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces precision refractory and specialty ceramic shapes for use in many industrial markets.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefit package. Please send your resume via email to HR@blaschceramics.com .
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE