The tooling specialist performs tooling setups, tooling maintenance, and other related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tooling Maintenance: Maintain all existing tooling systems, including but not limited to, verifying the operation of the tool, correcting assemblage and mold finishes. Self-supervision for small and simple repairs, consult with supervisor for larger, more complex work. When necessary, report quality issues to both manufacturing and engineering.
- Tooling Construction: Fabricate and machine new tooling systems per prints or general instructions, as required.
- Tooling Control: Set up or assist in tooling set-up per manufacturing schedule. Incoming mold inspection. Maintain existing tooling inventory and maintenance system. Maintain necessary spare parts inventory for all tooling.
- Tooling Development: For more difficult applications, perform first part production or provide assistance to manufacturing. Develop solutions to problems to new tooling systems.
- Tooling Operation Training: Work closely with supervisors and operators on both shifts to transfer new and existing tooling operating techniques to improve quality and extend tool life.
- Manufacturing Process Support: Assist the manufacturing department with tooling processing issues. Include troubleshooting and problem-solving. Consult with the engineering department on complex issues. Maintain fastener inventory.
- Capital Project Support: Fabricate, machine, and install new process equipment per prints or general instructions, as required.
- Maintenance: Assist maintenance department, as required.
- Safety & Housekeeping: Perform all tasks in a safe, workmanlike manner. Observe all company safety rules. Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Computer literacy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 1st (7:00 am – 3:30 pm) 2nd (3:00 pm – 11:30 pm) or 3rd shift (11:00 pm – 7:30 am). Occasional Saturday/Sunday hours may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate or GED qualified.
- Mechanical aptitude utilizing hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. unassisted.
- 3 years of experience with machine shop equipment
Preferred Education and Experience
- AAS in Industrial Technology or related field.
- 1-year experience at Blasch Precision Ceramics.
- 5 years experience in the manufacturing industry
- Previous ceramic manufacturing experience of (1) or more years OR (2) or more years of continuous employment in a non-assembly line manufacturing environment.
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces precision refractory and specialty ceramic shapes for use in many industrial markets.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. Please send your resume via email to HR@blaschceramics.com .
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE