Process Engineering Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement process control methods and tools in production, for existing and newly designed ceramic components
- Work on process development efforts for the improvement of quality and/or the reduction in manufacturing costs
- Assist in the process development for new compositions during scale-up from laboratory to manufacturing
- Act as a source of information for manufacturing personnel with regard to processing of new and existing materials and components
- Participate in investigation of quality issues by assisting with process challenges and improvements
- Participating in the development of specific test and measurement requirements, carrying them out and reporting results.
- Following detailed test plans & proposing plan modifications based on data for specific projects
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Able to interpret technical drawings and use measurement equipment
- Identify and Measure critical characteristics & dimensions
- Strong interaction and teamwork skills, within and across functional departments
- Demonstrated motivation to
- learn new technical skills
- seek and accept challenges and responsibility
- ensure adherence to processes through collaboration with operators and leads
- Able to use MS Office software (Word and Excel)
- Able & willing to learn and use software associated to measurement tools.
- Ability to report results in a technical format, using averages, means, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 1st (7:00 am – 3:30 pm) 2nd (3:00 pm – 11:30 pm) or 3rd shift (11:00 pm – 7:30 am). Occasional Saturday/Sunday hours may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate or GED qualified.
- Desire and willingness to learn, in a predetermined probation period, the minimum skills required to meet and maintain acceptable quality and productivity standards.
- Must possess the ability and desire to work as part of a team taking direction from Leadership, Trainers, Engineering staff or as directed by Management.
- Mechanical aptitude utilizing hand and power tools.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate Work instructions and documented Process cards with special instructions.
- Visually able to identify voids, cracks and deformations on all surfaces of parts formed.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. unassisted.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous ceramic manufacturing experience of (1) or more years OR (2) or more years of continuous employment in a non-assembly line manufacturing environment.
Reports to Director of Engineering and Quality
Wage - $20-24/hour
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces unique precision refractory and ceramic shapes for many industrial markets. Blasch has proprietary processes which enable the manufacture of complex shapes not possible with other ceramic forming technologies.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. Please send your resume via email to HR@blaschceramics.com.