Quality Assurance and Control Manager
- Designs and continuously improves statistical quality systems that are implemented in process to ensure manufacturing is completed within defined targets
- Defines and standardizes process control limits to product properties and performance with assistance from the Materials department
- Provides leadership and management of all quality management systems across all locations for adherence and ongoing certification to ISO 9001
- Leads the coordination of Corrective Action execution of actions defined internally, through customer concerns, and/or internal concerns about external vendors.
The duties and responsibilities of this job include:
- Establish and implement measurement and tracking of product quality through the manufacturing process
- Establish product property metrics for all processes
- Develop system(s) to monitor metrics
- Alert and assist Process Engineering to determine causes of variability outside of defined control limits
- Review quality concerns related to work in progress, lead in the determination of dispositions, and communicate findings and issues to Operations
- Define appropriate working range for equipment and assist Operations in developing systems to ensure equipment is the in defined range
- Establish and implement systems and metrics for the measurement and tracking of product quality for contract manufacturing and other partner sites
- Manage yearly ISO internal and external audit activities
- Promote the ISO quality management system by developing and maintaining procedures and work instructions
- Plan execution, prioritization, and ownership of corrective actions
- Converse with customers and/or vendors on new and existing issues or complaints as assigned
- Assist in the quoting, order acceptance, and order release processes
- Review customer requirements at quote and during order acceptance
- Where existing systems are not sufficient, propose actions needed to meet these requirements or different requirements
- Approve orders once requirements are determined to be able to be met
- Complete required quality documentation for each order
- Manage product quality assurance technicians’ daily activities
- Responsible for adhering to approved budgets
- All other tasks as assigned by the manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Training new employees
- Managing processes and equipment
- Experience using measuring equipment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and database systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with safety regulations
- Ability to work with potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids) effectively, minimizing possibility of a hazardous incident occurring
- Capable of working autonomously
- Product Quality Assurance Technicians
This job splits time between an unairconditioned medium manufacturing environment which can be dirty and hot with a typical air conditioned office environment. The ratio of time spent in each will vary from week to week.
This role will additionally use standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smart phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 x 7; Sunday – Friday. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hours/day, typically 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- International and domestic for customer interactions and/or training less than 10% of time
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Statistics, or related field
- 5+ year’s experience in a Quality Engineering role
- 2+ year’s management experience, preferably in a Quality Management role
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, SPC/SQC, ISO, and related tools
Preferred Education and Experience
- Expert understanding of Minitab software
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- ISO 9001 Compliance Training
- Active member of the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
Reports to – Director of Engineering and Quality Assurance
Salary– $75,000 – 90,000
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces unique precision refractory and ceramic shapes for many industrial markets. Blasch has proprietary processes which enable the manufacture of complex shapes not possible with other ceramic forming technologies.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefit package. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical examination. Please upload your resume and cover letter below or send to:HR@blaschceramics.com .
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE