The Shipping Specialist is responsible for packing and shipping products in accordance with BPC standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Packs ceramic product for shipment following specifications associated with the particular part number or sales order, standard operating procedures and acceptable packing standards.
- Completes order and shipping paperwork associated with each order packed.
- Loads trucks and containers using fork truck or pallet jack.
- Lifts up to 70 lbs are routinely required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be fork truck qualified and internally licensed. We will train if necessary.
- Must be able to do simple arithmetic.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 1st (7:00 am – 3:30 pm) Occasional Saturday/Sunday hours may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate or GED qualified.
- Desire and willingness to learn, in a predetermined probation period, the minimum skills required to meet and maintain acceptable quality and productivity standards.
- Must possess the ability and desire to work as part of a team taking direction from Leadership, Trainers, Engineering staff, or as directed by Management.
- Mechanical aptitude utilizing hand and power tools.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate Work instructions and documented Process cards with special instructions.
- Visually able to identify voids, cracks, and deformations on all surfaces of parts formed.
- Ability to lift 70lbs. unassisted.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous shipping experience of (1) or more years OR (2) or more years of continuous employment in a non-assembly line manufacturing environment.
Wage - $18-20/hour
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces unique precision refractory and ceramic shapes for many industrial markets. Blasch has proprietary processes which enable the manufacture of complex shapes not possible with other ceramic forming technologies.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. Please send your resume via email to HR@blaschceramics.com .
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE