The Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting and human resource functions for BPC and MBOG. These duties could include any combination of accounts payable, cash receipts, invoicing, payroll, asset management, journal entry, inventory reconciliation and benefit administration.
All duties and responsibilities must be done with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Duties must be performed timely in accordance with monthly calendar with a goal of on time financial statements.
The Staff Accountant has access to highly sensitive data, and an extreme level of confidentiality is expected at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record daily receipts into subledger.
- Bank reconciliation.
• Prepare daily invoicing based on shipping paperwork.
• Reconcile invoicing to shipping log on monthly basis. Work with management to resolve any discrepancies.
• Work closely with Customers for collections and invoicing matters.
- Assist with monthly physical counts of inventory. Perform weekly cycle counts. Reconcile counts to accounting records and resolve discrepancies with management.
- Maintain inventory bin and warehouse database. Discuss and develop procedures and processes with management to ensure proper recording of scrap, rework, etc.
- Review proper set up of inventory codes with product category to ensure proper recording to the GL.
Work in Process
• Frequently discuss issues with management to maintain the most efficient process to account for WIP and proper cost identification.
• Complete and close work orders to inventory. Work with management to resolve all discrepancies.
- Record monthly entries to include but not limited to: amortization, intercompany transactions, physical inventory adjustments, material true ups.
- Maintain reporting as assigned
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
• Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Proficient with accounting software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smart phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 x 7; Sunday – Friday. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hours/day, typically 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
• 5 years of accounting experienc
Salary – $60,000 - $70,000
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces unique precision refractory and ceramic shapes for many industrial markets. Blasch has proprietary processes which enable the manufacture of complex shapes not possible with other ceramic forming technologies.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefit package. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical examination. Please upload your resume, cover letter, and salary history below or send to: HR@blaschceramics.com .
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE