The HR/Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting and human resource functions for BPC and MBOG. These duties could include any combination of accounts payable, invoicing, payroll, asset management, journal entry, and benefit administration.
All duties and responsibilities must be done with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Duties must be performed timely in accordance with monthly calendar with a goal of on time financial statements.
The HR/Staff Accountant has access to highly sensitive data, and an extreme level of confidentiality is expected at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Match Budget and Actual projects to account code and track budget to actual results. Report to management weekly.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Software (FAS) SAGE database. Reconcile monthly to GL. Calculate and true up depreciation expense to the GL.
- Maintain all personnel in ADP including all new hire and terminations. Process all related paperwork with the employee, updating benefits as necessary.
- Process weekly payroll; distribute paychecks
- High level of confidentiality is expected from this position. All payroll and related information will be treated as very sensitive and protected at all times.
- Interact with all levels of management on pay issues.
- Provide census information for benefit renewals, maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Coordinate annual benefit meetings
- Enroll employees in elected benefit timely and accurately
- Maintain changes to benefit elections throughout the year
- Be a resource to employees regarding their benefit elections
Accounts Payable and Purchase Order
- Open mail, match to PO, obtain approval, input to GL and pay invoices weekly.
- Apply proper sales tax law to all invoices
- Record A/P to appropriate capital, prepay or expense categories.
- Record monthly entries to include but not limited to: amortization, intercompany transactions, physical inventory adjustments, material true ups.
- Maintain reporting as assigned.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, printers and copiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 x 7; Sunday – Friday. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hours/day, typically 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- 5 years of accounting experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
Salary – $58,000 - $65,000
Blasch Precision Ceramics is located in Albany, NY, and produces unique precision refractory and ceramic shapes for many industrial markets. Blasch has proprietary processes which enable the manufacture of complex shapes not possible with other ceramic forming technologies.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. Please send your resume via email to HR@blaschceramics.com.